The Bamboo plantation in Cevennes
552, rue de Montsauve
A free or accompanied visit to dive into the heart of a plant and Zen universe where all the elements of nature are gathered for a moment of relaxation with family or friends.
The estate covers 12 hectares and is home to more than 1,000 plant species including 180 species of bamboo. The botanical garden of La Bambouseraie is unique in Europe!
This park is a huge garden in the middle of the Cevennes which presents a great variety of bamboo and other plant species. With its 15,000 m² of plant species, the Bamboo Garden is the ideal place for a change of scenery during a family vacation in the Gard, a cool corner of greenery that allows you to relax while discovering the riches of nature.
Dates and opening hours :
From February 25 to November 15, the Bambouseraie opens its doors 7 days a week in continuous day (including weekends and holidays).
From February 25 to March 31: 10am - 6pm
From April 1st to July 15th: 9:30 am - 7 pm From July 16th to August 20th: 9:30 am - 8 pm
August 21 to September 30: 9:30 am to 7 pm
October 1 to October 31: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm November 1 to 15: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Practical information :
- Duration of the visit of the park: 1h30 minimum
- Free parking (buses, cars, motorcycles, disabled persons).
- Toilets at the entrance of the park.
- Wheelchair rental (subject to conditions).
- Areas: garden center, restaurant and store.
- Dogs are allowed on a leash.
- Bicycles, scooters, etc. are not allowed for safety reasons.
- Free audio-guide terminals (German, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch)
- Uncovered picnic area in the reception area only. No picnic inside the park.