Adapted stay : winter discoveries in Ubaye
31, Jules Béraud
This adapted 7-day stay is a real invitation to discover the Ubaye valley in winter and from all its facets. On the program, discovery of the territory by all the senses: observation of the landscape, listening to the animals, manipulation of the snow, dialogue with the local actors or tasting of the local products!
Level 1: A walk of less than 4 hours on the days of the hike, on paths, tracks, or trails, accessible to anyone who likes walking and is in good physical shape.
You will be accompanied by an experienced mountain guide, native of the valley and accommodated in gites labeled Tourism and Handicap that will meet your needs.
Detailed program of the stay :
* Day 1: Arrival at the Residence La Meyna and installation, snow activities near the accommodation: igloo building, sledging, etc.
* Day 2: Snowshoeing and culinary discoveries. Nature walk with snowshoes in the Oronaye valley, at the Italian border. Meal in Carole's yurt in Meyronnes for a moment of culinary sharing in a northern atmosphere. Visit of dogsleds next to the yurt and meeting with a musher.
* Day 3: Gastronomic break: I cook my pasta with my hands in the dough! After a free morning, appointment in the room of Larche with Florence for a workshop of traditional Ubayan pasta making. Tasting of the pasta made by you at dinner!
* Day 4 : Meeting with the wildlife and change of scenery. Day of wildlife observation on snowshoes: mouflons, chamois, golden eagle! Picnic in the mountains. At the end of the afternoon, discovery of the "cabinet of curiosities": horns, wood, skulls, animal prints, etc.
* Day 5: Barcelonnette and the Mercantour National Park. Visit of the city and meeting with the producers of the market. After the picnic at the charming Sapinière park, meeting with a guard monitor of the Mercantour National Park committed to the protection and conservation of the fauna and flora of our mountains!
* Day 6: Meeting with local passionate actors! After a free morning, visit the wood house in Méolans-Revel. Woodworking demonstration workshop. Snack at the Ferme d'Abriès in Jausiers for a snack based on ewe's milk cheeses and discovery of the animals. Dinner and torchlight descent, tales of the valley.
* Day 7 : End of the stay.
Detail of the circuit : http://www.rando-passion.com/hiver.htm
The strong points of the stay :
Enjoy fun winter activities: snowshoeing, sledding, building an igloo,...
Observe animals in their natural habitat
Meet passionate local actors
Taste local products throughout your stay
Evolve in a preserved and wild nature in complete safety
This service provider is a member of the Mercantour Ecotourism association; discover it here!